location2591 Dallas Pkwy, Suite 300Frisco, TX 75034-8563

Call for a Free Consultation


Prosper, TX Child Custody Lawyer

Prosper, Texas child conservatorship and visitation lawyer

Attorney for Conservatorship and Physical Possession of Children in Prosper

Custody of children is usually not an issue for parents who are married or who live together. However, when parents choose to get a divorce, or when unmarried parents are separated, they will need to determine how they will share in the responsibilities of raising children and making decisions about important child-related issues. They will also need to address where children will live and when they will spend time with each parent. These types of cases can quickly become complicated, especially when parents disagree about how matters related to their children should be handled. When addressing these matters in family court, parents can ensure that their children's best interests will be protected by working with an experienced family law attorney.

At the Law Office of Linda Risinger, we know how hard it can be for parents and children to adjust to a divorce or breakup. When children divide their time between two homes, parents will want to make sure they can continue to provide the care their children need. We are dedicated to helping parents resolve these matters in a way that protects their relationships with their children and ensures that children will be provided for at all times. We have over 30 years of legal experience in these types of cases, and we will work closely with you, ensuring that you understand how you can protect your parental rights and provide for your children's best interests.

Addressing Child Custody Matters in Prosper, Texas

A person who has been involved in caring for their children and making decisions about their lives should be able to continue to do so, regardless of their relationship with the other parent. In Texas divorce and family law cases, parents will usually be named "joint managing conservators" of their children, meaning that they will share joint legal custody. This will ensure that both parents will have the right to participate in making important decisions about how children will be raised, including addressing issues such as education, healthcare, and children's activities.

The "physical possession" of children will also need to be addressed in a child custody case. This is also known as "visitation" or "physical custody." While one parent will be named the custodial parent and given the right to make decisions about children's primary residence, both parents will have the right to spend regular, ongoing time with their children. A child custody order will state when children will spend time in each parent's care, including on a regular, daily basis and during spring, summer, and winter vacations and holidays such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, and the Fourth of July.

As you work to resolve issues related to child custody, we can help you negotiate an agreement with your child's other parent. We can help fathers understand their parental rights, and we can also help you determine whether restrictions on child custody may be appropriate if a parent struggles with substance abuse or addictions. If you already have a child custody order in place, we can help you determine how to handle a parental relocation, including petitioning the court for changes to child custody when you are planning to move or responding to a relocation request by the other parent. We can also help you determine how you can protect your rights and avoid consequences in cases involving Child Protective Services.

Contact Our Prosper Child Custody and Visitation Attorney

Representation by an experienced attorney is essential in child custody cases. The Law Office of Linda Risinger can help you protect your rights in these situations, and we will work to help you find solutions that will provide for your children's best interests. Contact our office at 972-294-6533 and set up your free consultation today.

Back to Top